Do you or someone you know love to smoke meat? The meat smoker consists of all 6 of our smoke-shaving flavours!
The Meat Smoker consists of the following smoke shaving flavours:
- Maple Wood Shavings – Great for fruits and cheeses and pork
- Oak Wood Shavings – gives a heavier smoke flavour and is great for red meat and game; this is probably the best wood for the best steak. A fantastic wood for smoking too as it gives a lovely colour and a deep smoky flavour.
- Cedar Wood Shavings- is the traditional wood for fish it is also fantastic for fruit and seafood. In the US cedar is used a lot to cook other food such as chicken, this is a matter of taste as cedar imparts a sweet, spicy flavour so not for all! Smoking in cedar is amazing. but again, very spicy. You either love it or hate it!
- Cherry Wood Shavings – has a subtle mild, fruity flavour and is excellent for poultry, fish, vegetables and fruit. Smoking in cherry gives a fantastic colour and a subtler, sweeter smoky flavour. This wood should be used when you want to compliment the flavour of your food and not overpower it.
- Walnut Wood Shavings – delivers a heavy smoke and is excellent for strong-flavoured red meat and game.
- Wild Olive Wood Shavings – is ideal for any poultry. Has a fruity smell to it which adds sweetness. Smoking your food will give it an extra depth of flavour and elevate the regular braai to a gourmet event.
My Butchers Block products are proudly South African, which means that only local and ethically sourced wood is used and that all of our products are made by locals too. The Smoking Plank and Smoke Shavings is a great gift as it fits the bill of being on-trend and useful. It’s also perfect for those family braais.
We are very excited to announce we have collaborated with Meat Ranger to bring you some delicious recipes and show you how to smoke meat in your backyard!
Watch the video series on Youtube: Follow our series with The Meat Ranger on how to smoke meat with My Butchers Block shaving