Garlic Pork Chops in Creamy Mushroom Sauce – A quick dinner with a ton of flavor! This pork chops recipe features seared pork chops simmered in creamy garlic and herb mushroom sauce. This easy pork recipe is perfect for any night of the week. Serve the garlic pork chops with cauliflower rice for a delicious keto / low carb option, or with pasta for a kid-friendly dinner. Ready on the table in less than 20 minutes. Enjoy!
TRY THIS FOR DINNER!
INGREDIENTS LIST FOR THE GARLIC PORK CHOPS IN CREAMY MUSHROOM SAUCE
- 4 pork chops, bone-in or boneless (about 1-inch thick)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
For the mushroom sauce
- 1 cup sliced brown mushrooms
- 4-5 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup (125ml) chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
PHOTO CREDIT: © EATWELL101.COM
1. To make the garlic pork chops: Combine paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Pat the pork chops dry with kitchen paper then season generously with the spice mix. Heat olive oil and butter in a skillet over medium-high until butter is melted.
2. Sear the pork chops for 3-5 minutes per side until well browned on both sides. Transfer the pork chops to a warm plate and set aside.
3. In the same skillet, add the mushrooms and stir fry until golden brown, scraping up any bits leftover from the chops.
4. Add garlic, parsley and Italian seasoning then stir fry for another 30 seconds before pouring in the broth. Add the cream, give a good stir then allow simmering for 3-4 minutes until slightly thickened and adjust seasoning if needed.
5. Place pork chops and their juices back into the sauce and allow to simmer for 2-3 minutes, or until the pork chops are cooked to your liking. Garnish with remaining fresh parsley and serve the garlic pork chops in creamy mushroom sauce immediately with cauliflower rice, zucchini noodles, or pasta. Enjoy!
HOW TO COOK PORK CHOPS RECIPE TIPS
- Buy bone-in pork chops when you can: The bone has some fat around that keeps the meat tender and juicy, plus it helps prevent the pork chops from overcooking. On the other side, boneless pork chops tend to be drier and easier to overcook.
- Take the pork chops out of your refrigerator about 15 minutes before you plan to start cooking. The meat will cook more evenly throughout when you bring it at room temperature.
- Rest the meat after cooking pork chops: A quick rest period of five minutes allows the juices to flow back through the meat and make it more tender. You can cover the pork chops with a shallow plate or loosely tent with foil.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH THE PORK CHOPS?
This pork recipe goes well with pretty much anything: potatoes, pasta, or if you’re on a low carb diet, zucchini noodles, cauliflower rice, or other veggies.
HOW AND HOW LONG TO KEEP THE PORK CHOPS LEFTOVERS?
You can keep the pork chops leftover for 2 days in the refrigerator, in an airtight container. Reheat gently in the microwave or covered in the oven for 5 minutes, adding a few drops of water to loosen the sauce.
Article source & credit: eatwell101