Homemade Honey Garlic Barbecue Sauce
This Homemade Honey Garlic Barbecue Sauce is perfect on grilled meats, burgers, ribs and more! It’s sweet and savoury, and easy to make!
Author Chrissie (thebusybaker.ca)
- 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, pressed or finely minced
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup liquid honey
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- a dash of hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- a dash of finely ground black pepper
- Add all the ingredients to a pot over medium-low heat.
- Whisk everything together well to combine, and to continue to whisk almost constantly (but not vigorously) as the mixture heats up and begins to bubble.
- Once the mixture reached a hard boil, reduce the heat to low and continue whisking until the sauce is thick, glossy and dark in colour (it will thicken and darken as it cooks and reduces).
- Once the sugar granules have dissolved and the sauce is thick, glossy and dark in colour, remove it from the heat and transfer it to a heat-safe glass jar or container. Let cool to room temperature before storing in the fridge and using on all your favourite barbecued meats.
This Homemade Honey Garlic Barbecue Sauce has a very strong flavour. If you prefer a milder barbecue sauce, add 1/4 cup additional tomato sauce and replace the soy sauce with a pinch of sea salt. This will cause the flavours to become more mellow and less sharp.
This Homemade Honey Garlic Barbecue Sauce keeps in the fridge for about 2-3 weeks in an airtight container.
Sweet and tangy Mustard BBQ Sauce is a MUST for summer picnics! This easy homemade barbecue sauce is a unique alternative to traditional sauces. Perfect for pulled pork!
Mustard bbq sauces are sweet and tangy. The brown sugar makes it sweet and the mustard and vinegar creates the tang. This sauce is slightly spicy due to the cayenne pepper. You can add less cayenne pepper if you don’t want as much heat.
What’s in mustard bbq sauce?
- yellow mustard
- apple cider vinegar
- brown sugar
- spices such as cayenne pepper, paprika, garlic
- sauces such as mustard, tomato sauce, chilli sauce, bbq sauce and Worcestershire sauce
Combine all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix well using a whisk.
The whisk helps break up the brown sugar and spices.
Place the sauce in a saucepan and cook it over low heat for 8-10 minutes.
**Pro Tip: Stir the sauce constantly to ensure that it does not scorch on the bottom of the pan.**
Garlic Yogurt Sauce
This 6 ingredient Garlic Yogurt Sauce is so quick and easy to prepare. Use it as a sauce for your favourite meats, slather it inside a kebab or gyros, or serve it as a dip with some pita bread.
Here’s what you’ll need to make this delicious homemade sauce
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Garlic Clove
- Greek Yoghurt
- Salt and Pepper
Add oil and minced garlic into a small bowl and stir to combine. Allow to sit for 10 minutes.
Add greek yoghurt, lemon juice, salt and pepper to the bowl and stir to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning if required.
- Mix your garlic and olive oil first up. This will give them time to infuse and helps the garlic have less bite.
- Store sauce for up to 24 hours in an airtight container.
The Everything Marinade
The Everything Marinade! All you need is a few pantry ingredients and a jar, and you’ve got heavenly, smokey-sweet, savory flavor that goes with just about any vegetable or protein.
Here’s what you put in your jar that makes the base of this happen:
- syrup / honey
- olive oil
- soy sauce
- smoked paprika
- Italian seasoning
- onion and garlic powder
- salt and pepp
Get a lid on that jar and mix er up – takes all of about 5 minutes to measure and shake.
Jalapeño Ranch! Creamy, tangy, thick but drizzly, a little classic dill flavor, and a subtle kick of fresh jalapeño. SO GOOD.
- 1 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 jalapeno pepper, ribs and seeds removed
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon dill
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- Blend all the sauce ingredients together in a small blender or food processor until smooth and creamy.