- Sourced from Sustainable managed plantations
- Perfect gift for weddings, corporate events, housewarmings, birthdays, or other special days
- The smoking planks come with full instructions and a tasty recipe in the packaging.
- Soak for 60 minutes, then place your fish, meat, poultry or vegetables on the plank and place on the preheated grill
- Can be used once or twice, depending on the heat of your fire or grill
- Fish: For delicate foods, like many fish, the gentler flavors of woods like cedar and alder are a good match.
- Chicken or pork: Take a step up to heartier meats like chicken and pork, and medium woods like maple, apple, and pecan will leave more of an impression without being overpowering.
- Beef or gamier meats: You can bump up the wood flavor even more to heavier-handed options such as oak and hickory.
It’s definitely one of the best fire woods for cooking if used correctly. It gives a nice steady heat without too big a flame. Cedar has a lovely smell, like the inside of a cigar humidor.
GOOD FOR: salmon, a classic dish! Pork, fish, veggies and fruits like apple and peaches
1.) Smoked Salmon with Zesty Horseradish and Mustard Cream cheese (could be creme fraiche)
2.) Roasted apples with Rosemary Honey and toasted Walnuts
Get your braai accessories here: Braai Accesories