- Sourced from Sustainable managed plantations
- Perfect gift for weddings, corporate events, housewarmings, birthdays, or other special days
- The smoking planks come with full instructions and a tasty recipe in the packaging.
- Soak for 60 minutes, then place your fish, meat, poultry or vegetables on the plank and place on the preheated grill
- Can be used once or twice, depending on the heat of your fire or grill
- Fish: For delicate foods, like many fish, the gentler flavors of woods like cedar and alder are a good match.
- Chicken or pork: Take a step up to heartier meats like chicken and pork, and medium woods like maple, apple, and pecan will leave more of an impression without being overpowering.
- Beef or gamier meats: You can bump up the wood flavor even more to heavier-handed options such as oak and hickory.
Oak is probably the best all-around wood for meat smoking. Burns slowly and evenly, searing in the flavour of the meat and producing a great smoky taste. It’s strong but not overpowering. Goes well with most meats and produces a sweet, mellow flavour
GOOD FOR: red meat, beef, lamb, lamb ribs, sausages, pork and heavy game.
1.) Cape Malay style Lamb chop with Apricot Chutney
2.) Dry rubbed Beef Sirloin (red spices, cayenne paprika etc, garlic, chilli, curing salt style rub)
Get your braai accessories here: Braai Accesories